|By John Ryan||
|July 21, 2009 04:30 PM EDT||
Twitter has almost 21 million users up from over 1 million in June of 2008 according to Nielsen. Of course, the other way to look at this chart is how much time is spent on these site or their stickiness. Facebook wins in stickiness with over twelve pages per day per user according to Alexa.
All of this usage on Twitter doesn't mean Twitter is for every business use. There are many people on the site who are just marketing their newest money-making venture and of course, the more salacious side of life is showing up. However, it's early in the game and Twitter has obviously struck a nerve in regard to instant communications.
You can see my complete list and analysis of all social media sites here.
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Ulitzer vs. Ning
- Twitter, Linked In, Ning and Ulitzer: Easy Personal Branding Strategy
- Some Surprising Usage Facts About Twitter
- The Future of Cloud Computing – A Study
- Twitter 101 Guide for Business
- Intel Buys McAfee for Over $7 Billion
- An A to Z of the Social Media Landscape: A to G
- An A to Z of the Social Media Landscape: H to P
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM: Top Sites and Downloads